Monday, May 27, 2013

Love-My Granny Kate & Her Cooking

Not many people are fortunate enough to know their Great Grandparents and have them be a part of their adult lives. I have been truly blessed to have such a wonderful relationship with my Grandparents & my Great Grandparents. My Great-Grandmother (Granny Kate) is still kicking it with us & just celebrated her 102nd birthday!!
Here is Granny Kate on her 100th Birthday



She is in great health- mentally and physically and she moves as quickly as me on most days. She loves Braves baseball (watches every game) and still cooks/cleans daily! Her cooking is one of my major loves. Her food is hands down the best I have ever tasted. From homemade cinnamon rolls, fried pies, cobblers of any type, and most importantly her cakes and pies-they are all just DELICIOUS!! At 102 years old she will still make whatever you request! Let me share two of my favorites!!

Pumpkin Pie



This is probably a loathe for many of you out there. This deliciousness takes me back to every Fall/Winter  of my childhood. I seem to try every pumpkin pie out there & only end up being disappointed! She makes this pie from pumpkins grown in the family garden. Learning how to make this treat is on my bucket list!   
German Chocolate Cake with Cream Cheese Icing

My hubs requested her chocolate cake for his most recent birthday. They both actually share the same birthday! She had my Grandpa drive her over to our house to deliver it to him. We have eaten cake for almost every meal this weekend! You can clearly see we enjoy it!
4 days & many calories later
All yummy snacks aside, I know how lucky I am to have her in my life. She shows me unconditional love and would do anything for me. I hope that she will continue to be the matriarch of our family for many years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment