Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Loathe-Mean People

While there are many things that I loathe, mean people are at the top of my list. I have felt this way ever since I was in elementary school. My heart just hurts for the way that mean people make others feel. I am certainly not going to sit here and proclaim that I have never been mean in my lifetime, but I  regret and remember many of those instances and I feel badly about the way I treated others.

As a teacher it is even more heartbreaking to see kids being mean to each other. I always try to encourage them to always be kind.  Did you know that most of my students had never heard of the Golden Rule? Really?? What is our world coming to?

Yesterday during the sermon at church, our pastor asked if others could see God in us and our actions? I could think of many times in my life where others could see God and felt guilt for those times that people could not even see a glimpse of him! I am leaving you with this thought and reminding myself of this daily!






No comments:

Post a Comment